We are a third of the way through the year. How is your fitness journey going so far? Do you feel like you are on your way to becoming a fitter, stronger, and healthier version of your amazing self?
I hope you are crushing your goals!
Do you feel up to a planking challenge?
Do you remember our plank challenges throughout last year? I’m thinking it is time for another one – the first one for 2014. What do you say?
Benefits of Planking
A simple plank, when done correctly, can work and target the entire body: core, quads, glutes, abs, shoulders, chest, back and arms. Did I miss anything?
This plank challenge is just a fun way to see the awesome progress we are making on our journey to better health and fitness.
Are you ready? Let’s do it!
If you are new to planking, here’s a breakdown of the process:
- Lie face down on a mat, resting, with palms down flat on the floor.
- Push up off the floor and rest your arms on your elbows. (You can also push up with arms fully extended if you prefer.)
- Keep your legs extended and straight behind you.
- Keep your back flat with a neutral spine (a straight line from head to heels).
- Brace and contract your abdominals, making sure your backside doesn’t stick up in the air or your body sags in the middle.
- Hold the position as long as you can.
Click here to watch a video demo if you like!
You do what you feel is best as long as you are getting it done. Deal?
Now, get your stop watch ready and go!
Share Your Results
Take a look at how I did this month:
I can’t even believe it! I have more than doubled my time since our very first plank challenge back in November 2012! I am slowly and surely making progress, and so are you! Strong and fit, baby!
Feel free to upload a screen shot of your time or simply share your time and results.